Without a doubt Gmail has the most number of users and with large number of people using the same application. It has its drawbacks too, because of the internet traffic you can face many number of issues. If you are wondering, why has Gmail stopped receiving emails. Here are some of the reasons as to why you are facing the trouble. Sometimes the browser in which you are using the Gmail might not be compatible, make sure that the browser supports Gmail. Clean out the browser cache and cookies to ensure smooth working. It can simply be the issue of internet connectivity, so check if your internet is working properly and if not it can be resolved through some simple troubleshooting methods. Now, let us go through some steps to ensure proper working of Gmail.
Ways to fix Gmail not receiving emails:
- Google servers are down and that may be the cause of Gmail not receiving emails.
- Before moving forward, send yourself and email and check the issue.
- Antiviruses have email filtering due to which your emails are received in spam folder therefore do not forget to check your spam.
- Another one of the same issue occurs when your emails are sent to trash or mistakenly gets deleted there it’s important to check all the folders.
- Using the outdated Google application can be one of the issues therefore make sure your Google app is updated.
- Use one of the following browsers to ensure its proper working, Google chrome, safari, Firefox.
- Try logging out and then login to your account.
- There’s only a maximum limited free storage and once you hit it, you stop receiving emails. Therefore, check your storage.
Another common issue that users face while working on Gmail is being locked out of your account. It can happen if you do not remember the password or your account has been hacked.
Gmail has features like a two-step verification process to ensure that no one else is accessing the account. In case you are logged out of your account for any reason and now Google is asking for verification, there are many ways through which you can verify your identity. Most of these ways are based on the pre-configured recovery option that you must have selected while setting up your account. G.co/verifyaccount helps you with the recovery of your account or gaining access to your pre-existing email account.
Let’s have a look at some of the verification method you can imply to regain access to your account.
Ways to verify Google account:
- Click on forgot password and answer the security question correctly to receive a code to login to your account through changing the credentials.
- You can chose to send a code to your selected code and enter the same to login.
- Google also asks for previous password as a way of verification.
- You can use personal details like entering your date of birth to verify your identity.
Being locked out of your account is quite problematic but Google offers you different ways and method through which you can regain the access without losing any data in your Gmail.